Thursday, July 17, 2008

Midyear update


How time flies. Last time I posted was January 1. So what have happened since then? Here is a quick recap...

January
  • Spent precious moments with Miggy and Tim.
  • Helped Ody and Ria stage their house. It was fun! I was doing something I like and I was learning at the same time.
  • Saw the Andy Warhol exhibit at the Winnipeg Art Gallery.
  • Enjoying the hospitality of cousins, nephews and nieces in Winnipeg.

February
  • Family reunion in Winnipeg. Al and Rela flew over for a week. They went back to Austin the day I left for Manila via San Francisco.
  • I bought Sibelius 5.0 from Long & McQuade in Winnipeg.
  • Arrived in Manila on Valentine's day and Harry was there to meet me. We had lunch at ATC before we proceeded to Greenwoods.
  • Wedding of Ezer (bass, Caltex Chorale) and Celine in Tagaytay.
  • Got my Globe broadband up and running on the 27th.

March
  • Auditioned hundreds of kids for the new M.I.L.K. Choir.
  • Juno got bumped in the butt. Major damage.
  • My first "decent" choral arrangements - "Heal Our Land" and several hymns to St. Peter - premiered by the Our Lady of the Pillar Cathedral Choir.
  • Lenten recollection with Bishop Chito Tagle on Holy Wednesday in Imus.
  • Chrysm mass on Maundy Thursday in Imus.
  • Good Friday procession in San Marcelino, Zambales.
  • Black Saturday in Naga City to attend the golden wedding anniversary of Uncle Ceto and Auntie Chayong.
  • Easter Sunday in Tala to rehearse the new M.I.L.K. Choir, straight from the airport. Went to Imus to rehearse the Our Lady of the Pillar Cathedral Choir.
  • My first choral arrangement with a string quartet accompaniment - "Seasons of Love" - premiered by the Caltex Chorale.

April
  • Renewed registration of Juno and Greenwoods house.
  • Grand time with cousins Gigi, Gemma, Gladys and Bong (with wife Eylin): buffet dinner at Fish & Co., Shangri-La Plaza and a memorable trek up and down Taal Volcano.
  • Cousin Ralph enrolled as civil engineering freshman at De La Salle University in Dasmarinas, Cavite as my scholar.
  • Performances with One AChord as guest tenor.
  • Visited Becky Alivio (soprano, Caltex Chorale) in Batangas with Sylvia (alto, Caltex Chorale) and her brother Victor, sister-in-law Mariz and niece Aleck. Becky took us to Montemaria.

May
  • My four choirs at the 2008 Madz Et Al Festival Series (Voyages: A Wonderful World of Music) - M.I.L.K. Choir (Wednesday, May 7), Pfizer Chorale (Friday, May 9), Caltex Chorale (May 10) and Our Lady of the Pillar Cathedral Choir (Sunday, May 11)
  • Mother's day lunch with Mama Severina and family.
  • Received free Sibelius version upgrade disk from 5.0 to 5.2 via post.
  • My student driver license expired again... for the nth time!
  • Renewed Juno's registration.
  • Represented cousin Ken in the annual stockholders' meeting of The Columns.
  • Tim came back to Manila to watch Gary V and Lea, again. He is coming back in August for Cinderella.

June
  • Juno enters "rehab".
  • Mr. C and RCS in the Lion City... in time for The Great Singapore Sale! Made new friends: Noel, Ernie, Cathy. Met up some not-so-new friends: Babes Conde (New Minstrels), Maricel De Guzman (alto, UP Singing Ambassadors), Kiko Dimalanta (baritone, UP Singing Ambassadors), Angie Choo (The A Cappella Society, Singapore), June Baisa, Ben Sherman, Zara, Marks & Spencer...
  • My teeth were happy to see Dr. Cel Francisco again.
  • Mama Severina's surprise birthday lunch.
  • Started a recording project with Mr. C.

Thank you to my Excel calendar! Hopefully, I will be able to post the details of the entries above. I will also let you know if I missed out on anything.

That's half a year in my life... Am I too busy?

2 comments:

Rela Pantaleon said...

Wow! Plenty of accomplishments!!!

You could use some "stop and smell the roses" time in order to grow the "inner man". :)

How about a blog on maybe music? Sibelius tips and tricks maybe? choir conducting maybe? or arts management maybe? These can be different blogs.

Basta just start one of them first- para focus. Search engines like Google love focused blogs with similar and related keywords.

Also...kasi it takes about 3-6 months to rank a page eh... so within a year, if you go through these topics, you'll have maybe 4 blogs. Hindi kailangan gawin mo lahat sila, yung passionate enough ka lang to sustain longer term... Then, meron ka ng collateral/investment for future use!!!

BTW sino si Mama Severina?

Richard Posadas said...

hello there

bumped into your blog while doing google searches for an old friend

maricel de guzman alto of UP Singing Ambassadors

have been trying to get in touch with her for the longest time

would you be kind enough to point me her way if at all possible

many thanks